Re: AW: [council] Fwd: Follow-up to the second JAS WG report

Hi Wolf-Ulrich

On May 23, 2011, at 2:03 PM, <KnobenW@xxxxxxxxxx> <KnobenW@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> could you please provide me with the "false information circulated"? Sorry, I
> forget too many things.

I believe we discussed previously the fact that there were people running
around saying that JAS had directly submitted its report to the Board in some
sort of dastardly plot to circumvent the GNSO Council.  These rumblings were
then put into words on a widely read blog
http://www.circleid.com/posts/20110512_icann_tiptoes_through_political_minefield_new_tlds/
 which prompted Alan and other JAS members to issue corrections.  I don't know
whether those corrections have been widely read and internalized or if there
are still people out there laboring under misunderstandings.  But I would think
the Council would have a self-interest in stating for the record that the
process was followed and it was not dissed.

Best,

Bill