[council] Revised Terms of Reference for a Whois Registrant Identification study for your consideration

  • To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Revised Terms of Reference for a Whois Registrant Identification study for your consideration
  • From: Liz Gasster <liz.gasster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 12:05:17 -0700
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Councilors,

As I mentioned on yesterday's GNSO Council call, a small group of volunteers is
proposing the attached revision to an earlier Whois Registration Identification
study that was previously developed for Council consideration.  (The previous
version can be found here:
http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-23oct09-en.htm ) As
explained in the Rationale, which is also attached, major changes were made to
the text of the Terms of Reference, so we are not providing a redline, instead
there is a summary, also attached, of the key changes that were made.  While
the text of the Study Terms of Reference changed significantly to recast the
framing of the study, the cost of the study will likely increase only slightly,
and no more than 20% at the outside, which will be confirmed if the Council
decides to proceed.

The volunteer group recommends that Council members forward the documents to
your respective groups right away for review and action in the June 9 Council
meeting.

The members of the volunteer group are:
Don Blumenthal
Steve DelBianco