RE: [council] Agenda for ICANN Board Meeting, 21 April 2011

Hello Stéphane,

> Can you elaborate a little on what agenda item 15 will cover please?
>

>  15. Review of Vertical Integration for Existing gTLD Registry
> Operators

on 5 Nov 2010, the Board resolution related to vertical integration
(http://www.icann.org/en/minutes/resolutions-05nov10-en.htm) stated:

" 4.  ICANN will permit existing registry operators to transition to the new
form of registry agreement, except that additional conditions may be necessary
and appropriate to address particular circumstances of established registries."

Since then some existing registry operators have inquired about the process for
removing cross-ownership provisions in their agreements.

So I would expect a discussion on next steps at the Board meeting.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin