Re: [council] GNSO Council Meeting 16 March 13:30-17:30 local time

  • To: David Olive <david.olive@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] GNSO Council Meeting 16 March 13:30-17:30 local time
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 17:41:27 +0100
  • Cc: "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks David,

I can only reiterate my dismay at this change.

As I've said before, I do not think that moving the Council's Open meeting out
of the main room should even be an option.

I think it sends the wrong signal to the dedicated volunteers on the Council
and in the GNSO groups that put in so much of their time and effort into the
GNSO's processes.

I also think it sends the wrong signal to the community in general about the
importance of the GNSO's work.

Stéphane