Re: [council] TOPICS - Agenda Board meeting with GNSO Council - Sunday March 13, 4pm 5:30 pm

Hi,

I think the experience over the past couple years with board, GAC et al
meetings has been that multi-topic agendas don't work well, so I agree with
Carlos that it'd be preferable to do one topic if possible.

I agree with Jeff that Brussels raised questions about the handling of possible
inconsistencies between GNSO positions (and community positions more generally)
and any Board-GAC compromises.  After the meeting I chatted with a couple
boardies who were wondering aloud how should they loop back through the
community to make sure everyone's still on board, do we do a public comment
period, add time to the public forum, or what…Without wanting to add too much
complexity to the process or too tightly tie the board's hands, one would think
it'd be good to at least talk this through with them.  To me this is pressing
and hefty enough to fill a meeting.

As to the others, while Consumer Choice, Competition and Innovation merits
focused attention, one would think more prior discussion of this in Council
would be needed to make it a really productive discussion.  It's sort of
amorphous now and SGs may have rather different perspectives that need some
initial converging.  As to CWG, I've yet to hear a compelling argument that
there's really a big problem regarding Board perceptions of their outputs, and
in any event the Council's little group on this is just starting up, got a
listserv a couple days ago.  So that too one would think could bake a little
more before we take it to them.

Best,

Bill