[council] SO/AC Chair Roundtable and Dinner

  • To: GNSO Council <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] SO/AC Chair Roundtable and Dinner
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 18:26:56 +0100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Councillors,

I wanted to update you on the discussion that is due to happen between the
SO/AC Chairs and Rod prior to the SF meeting.

Here is some information I have received about this from Rod:

"Based on the input received, we are now planning a two- hour informal
roundtable for the SO/AC Chairs on Friday, March 1.  Following the SO/AC
roundtable, I am pleased to host a dinner.

As I have noted to some of you, for several ICANN meetings now, I wished to
find more time to have the Chairs come together with me to exchange views on
their activities and programs for the future.  As this has been a scheduling
challenge during the midst of the public meetings, I asked David Olive, Vice
President for Policy Development Support to investigate whether we might find
some time just prior to the March ICANN meeting.  I am glad to know that March
11 turns out to be the best time to get together.

The goal is to have an informal discussion of what the SO/AC Chairs hope to see
as the most significant challenges/opportunities for ICANN and how we could
work better together on sharing information about SO/AC priorities."

Stéphane