Re: [council] Sponsorship... again
- To: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>, Adrian Kinderis <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [council] Sponsorship... again
- From: David Olive <david.olive@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 07:13:20 -0800
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
- Cc: GNSO Council List <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <72547DC5-5B38-4A16-AE7A-44EE8E14573B@indom.com>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AcvOtTd5NpgSeYQiQuetWEh5NjnZRQ==
- Thread-topic: [council] Sponsorship... again
- User-agent: Microsoft-MacOutlook/184.108.40.206115
Stephane and Adrian:
Yes, I have been in contact with Barbara Clay about this.
Sorry for the delay in replying to your question.
An explanation will be provided in the nest day or so.
I will let you know.
David A. Olive
Vice President, Policy Development Support
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
1101 New York Avenue, NW - Suite 930 - Washington, D.C. 20005
Office: 202.570.7126 Mobile: 202.341.3611
From: Stéphane van Gelder
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 04:15:48 -0800
To: Adrian Kinderis
Cc: GNSO Council List <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: Re: [council] Sponsorship... again
Could someone from Staff provide Adrian with an answer please?
Envoyé de mon iPhone4
Le 17 févr. 2011 à 06:16, Adrian Kinderis
<adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> a écrit :
Just an update as I have raised this issue on this list a number of times.
I have sent numerous emails questioning the sponsorship packages for ICANN San
We are now three weeks from ICANN San Francisco and I have not had any answer
from ICANN staff at all. All I have been told is that is has been escalated to
I don’t think I am asking too much in requesting some answers here. I think it
is just plain rude to be ignored (you can tell I don’t like it right?).
I guess they have achieved their objective by not responding. We are now a
sponsor at the inflated rate. We found some budget by firing a staff member and
not supplying cookies in the staff kitchen. I hope some fellowship folks
benefit from their trip to the beautiful city of San Francisco that we are
I look forward to reading how much revenue sponsorship brought in for this
meeting and what the rates will be for Jordan.
Just remember, I support ICANN and I support newTLDs.