[council] Board/GAC meeting In Brussels

  • To: GNSO Council <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Board/GAC meeting In Brussels
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 10:37:28 +0100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Councillors,

In the interest of transparency, please be informed that I will be going to the
Brussels Board/GAC meeting.

As a reminder, the aim of the meeting is given by ICANN as being to:

1.Identify the specific differences between Governmental Advisory Committee
("GAC") advice and the current implementation of the GNSO New gTLD Policy
recommendations embodied in the Applicant Guidebook.

2.Through discussion among Board and GAC members, either:
a.    arrive at an agreed upon resolution of those differences, or
b.    for those issues not resolved, identify what differences remain.

Only GAC members, ICANN Board members, select ICANN staff members and subject
matter experts will participate in the discussion, whether in person or
remotely.

I will therefore be considered an observer, and will not be allowed to speak. I
will not be acting as an official representative of the GNSO.

It would be nice to know if other Councillors plan to attend. We may not be
allowed to speak, but I'm sure we can at least plan to have a drink together at
some point ;)

Stéphane