Re: [council] 3rd Feb Council Call RAP Motion Amendment

  • To: tim@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [council] 3rd Feb Council Call RAP Motion Amendment
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 23:05:10 +0100
  • Cc: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "GNSO Council" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • References: <!&!AAAAAAAAAAAYAAAAAAAAAGPKy8XSHjZGrvfrIUh8GPQCgQAAEAAAAEA7sq9XRk1LoVCnXPcIozIBAAAAAA==@dndrc.com> <ACBF8040-C666-46BB-9BE5-4272FE595D06@indom.com> <4D411B8D0200005B00066664@mail.law.unh.edu> <!&!AAAAAAAAAAAYAAAAAAAAAGPKy8XSHjZGrvfrIUh8GPSisAAAEAAAACZ5VHupZ31JmxB5bQ/X5KkBAAAAAA==@dndrc.com><D8EEBFBD-8E04-443D-88A6-7B363B5B9617@indom.com> <1901113536-1296498422-cardhu_decombobulator_blackberry.rim.net-981925844-@bda959.bisx.prod.on.blackberry><764A21AB-C8D7-435C-8DFB-245363397B04@indom.com> <1532291756-1296511131-cardhu_decombobulator_blackberry.rim.net-1889353308-@bda959.bisx.prod.on.blackberry>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Help me out Tim. Where in the rules does it say that thresholds should apply to
anything but a motion as a whole?

I am happy to apply whatever strategy looks best here. Do you agree with Jeff's
amendment as a way forward?

Stéphane

Le 31 janv. 2011 à 22:59, tim@xxxxxxxxxxx a écrit :

> [...]
>> inconsistently without consultation.
>>
>> Tim
>> From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
>> Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 19:17:34 +0100
>> To: GNSO Council<council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Subject: Re: [council] 3rd Feb Council Call RAP Motion Amendment
>>
>> On this motion, you will remember that during our last meeting we discussed
>> the voting thresholds for this motion.
>>
>> While the Council Leaders were working to prepare for the meeting, we
>> identified the fact that the original 2 resolve clauses carried different
>> thresholds. The 1st clause has a standard threshold while the 2nd clause
>> carries the lower threshold that goes with issues report.
>>
>> I suggested we apply the lowest voting threshold to the whole motion. There
>> was no opposition to that during the meeting.
>>
>> However, as the motion was deferred and now may actually include a 3rd
>> resolve, I would like to ask the question again. Is the Council Ok with
>> applying the lowest threshold to the full motion?
>>
>> Stéphane
>>
>> Le 28 janv. 2011 à 10:16, Zahid Jamil a écrit :
>>
>>> Dear Mary,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your queries here are responses to your questions.
>>>
>>> Q1: First, how does the list of topics relate to both group's consensus
>>> recommendations
>>>
>>> Ans: It's the group's highest ranked recommendation (among those not
>>> considered low-hanging fruit) and topics are taken verbatim from RAP DT
>>> letter
>>>
>>> Q2: secondly, do these need an Issues Report (which usually prefaces a vote
>>> for/against a full PDP)?
>>>
>>> Ans: no because these are best practices and not consensus policy
>>>
>>> Sincerely,
>>>

>>> Zahid Jamil
>>> Barrister-at-law
>>> Jamil & Jamil
>>> Barristers-at-law
>>> 219-221 Central Hotel Annexe
>>> Merewether Road, Karachi. Pakistan
>>> Cell: +923008238230
>>> Tel: +92 21 35680760 / 35685276 / 35655025
>>> Fax: +92 21 35655026
>>> www.jamilandjamil.com
>>>
>>> Notice / Disclaimer
>>> This message contains confidential information and its contents are being
>>> communicated only for the intended recipients . If you are not the intended
>>> recipient you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
>>> Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this
>>> message by mistake and delete it from your system. The contents above may
>>> contain/are the intellectual property of DNDRC, and constitute privileged
>>> information protected by attorney client privilege. The reproduction,
>>> publication, use, amendment, modification of any kind whatsoever of any
>>> part or parts (including photocopying or storing it in any medium by
>>> electronic means whether or not transiently or incidentally or some other
>>> use of this communication) without prior written permission and consent of

>>> 1/27/2011 5:59 AM
>>> Subject: