RE: [council] Non-Contracted Parties House Nomination for Chair X

  • To: "'Adrian Kinderis'" <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Rafik Dammak'" <rafik.dammak@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Non-Contracted Parties House Nomination for Chair X
  • From: "Andrei Kolesnikov" <andrei@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 14:11:37 +0300
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There is nothing personal, Adrian . Chuck is the best – there is no question!!!
But step aside and look at the situation outside of ICANN. If (and I hope!) we
are entering new gTLD era people outside won’t care about personalities. They
don’t know Chuck. They don’t know you, they don’t know Olga. They will check
industries, countries and political groups behind the names. This is
unfortunate, but this is how it works.

--andrei