[council] RE: GNSO Council Project/Resource Management and GNSO Policy Staff Utilization

  • To: David Olive <david.olive@xxxxxxxxx>, "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] RE: GNSO Council Project/Resource Management and GNSO Policy Staff Utilization
  • From: Adrian Kinderis <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 21:40:49 +1000
  • Accept-language: en-US, en-AU
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US, en-AU
  • Cc: Liz Gasster <liz.gasster@xxxxxxxxx>, Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks David.

I love the science and data that has gone into this. It is not only helpful but
interesting too!

I think this highlights the tenuous position that the Council is in with
respect to staff support. This is unsustainable and therefore needs to,
unfortunately, underpin (drive) our policy efforts. We need to govern what we
can take on and publicize that fact (especially to the Board). We cannot be
made to jump when requested. Our efforts need to be calculated and precise.

We need to tread carefully as choking resources will only put us in a more dire
predicament.

Adrian Kinderis