[council] WG VI report

  • To: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] WG VI report
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 15:49:45 +0200
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello all.

Although we have now adopted a new process which does not require Council
liaisons to send in a report on the WG or DT they are assigned to because that
is now being covered by the action items list, I forgot this and started to
work on the VI WG report anyway...

I will therefore send it, as its done, but will no longer send separate reports
after this one.

Here it is then. Thanks.

Stéphane

Vertical Integration Policy Development Process (VI PDP) - Chairs Roberto
Gaetano and Mikey O'Connor - Council Liaison - Stéphane van Gelder – Sept 7,
2010

The working group has produced an interim report. That report is published
(please see VI PDP WG wiki at
https://st.icann.org/vert-integration-pdp/index.cgi?vertical_integration_pdp).

There has been a lull in the WG activity lately, partly due to the summer
vacation period, and partly because the upcoming Board retreat at the end of
September may mean new directions for the WG to work in, or may even make the
WG's existence moot.

The WG is currently meeting once a week by teleconference. The current topic of
discussion is an attempt to identify the harms that might result from applying
the various scenarios put forward in the preliminary report. To this end, the
WG is conducting broad research and constructing a list of possible harms (from
both VI and Vertical Separation).