[council] IT Failure to Support GNSO Council Session on August 5

  • To: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] IT Failure to Support GNSO Council Session on August 5
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 08:33:20 -0700
  • Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: fr-FR, en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear members of the ICANN community,

As many of you may know, ICANN is striving to provide greater access to its
GNSO Council meetings by allowing both Councilors and other participants to
view and listen to the proceedings via Adobe Connect online.  Despite our best
efforts to provide seamless access, we failed to provide a complete service for
yesterday's GNSO Council meeting and we know it was a tremendous disadvantage
for many of you.  I apologize to you on behalf of ICANN.  Due to a failure of
our IT Department to provide adequate redundancy we were unable to offer the
audio portion of the meeting.

We will provide you with a full explanation of why the service failed along
with detailed information on the changes that will ensure that we will not have
this problem in future meetings.  I will follow up with you as soon as I am
satisfied that the proper management controls are in place to prevent this
failure in the future.

Thank you.

Best regards,

David Olive
Vice President, Policy Development, ICANN