[council] Update on timetable for staff WHOIS studies assessment

  • To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Update on timetable for staff WHOIS studies assessment
  • From: Liz Gasster <liz.gasster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 10:42:00 -0700
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All,

As you discuss which WHOIS studies to pursue, I thought it might be helpful to
share my best guesstimate on the timetable for next steps with regard to the
WHOIS Proxy/Privacy "Abuse" study and the WHOIS Proxy and Privacy "Reveal"
study.  As you know the staff has completed its analysis of two other study
areas - WHOIS "Misuse" and WHOIS "Registrant Identification".

Regarding the WHOIS Proxy/Privacy "Abuse" study:  The deadline for responses to
the RFP we issued was 20 July, and we received three responses.  I will be
analyzing these over the next couple of weeks and I hope to share that analysis
with the Council by mid-August.

Regarding the WHOIS Proxy and Privacy "Reveal" study:  We are drafting the
Terms of Reference now and we will be circulating this draft to the Council,
hopefully within the next week.  I will ask for Council feedback and any edits
or changes within say, two weeks from that point. We will then incorporate
those suggestions, if any, and then post the RFP by the end of August.  We will
allow 60 days for responses (as with the other RFPs), bringing us to November
1.  Staff would then likely complete that analysis and share it with the
Council by 1 December at the latest.

I've updated the WHOIS studies chart accordingly for your reference.  Please
let me know if you have any questions, or if I can provide any further
assistance to the Council as you deliberate on this matter.

Best, Liz