ICANN/GNSO GNSO Email List Archives


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

[council] Action items from the 15 July Council meeting

  • To: "GNSO Council " <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Action items from the 15 July Council meeting
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 10:41:37 -0400
  • List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Thread-index: Acsmh1NTaeXnWk+GTFef5MfvsIcB5g==
  • Thread-topic: Action items from the 15 July Council meeting

Please note the following Councilor action times coming from our 15 July
Council meeting and follow-up in your respective groups with the goal of
being prepared to further work on the issues in our next meeting on 5
*       Item 2: Prioritization of GNSO work - Councilors are encouraged
to engage in further consultation and discussion in the stakeholder
groups and provide input at the next Council meeting on ways to improve
the process.
*       Item 4: Whois Studies - Stakeholder Groups are encouraged to
avail themselves of the Staff offer for additional consultation and
information on the studies so that informed decisions can be made at the
next Council meeting.
*       Item 6: Registration Abuse Policies Working Group Final Report -
The GNSO Secretariat will call for volunteers who may be working group,
stakeholder group and or Council members to join the group. While he
does not have the time to take the lead on this, Chuck volunteered to
assist in this effort if needed.  (Note that Glen sent this notice out;
please identify any volunteers who would be willing to work on this,
possibly members of the RAP WG.)
*       Item 9: Audio-casting of Council meetings - Councilors are urged
to contact their appropriate stakeholder groups and constituencies to
provide feedback on the advantages of the audio cast for the next
Council meeting.
*       Item 10.2: Update on Councilor and Council Officer Elections
Processes - Stakeholder groups and constituencies are encouraged to
organise early elections for council representatives, especially in
cases where Councilor terms end in December 2010, so that the elections
for the Council chair and vice chairs can be handled in a timely manner.

If anyone wants to make a motion or simply propose an idea regarding any
of the above for action and/or discussion on 5 August, please do so not
later than 28 July so that Councilors can vet these with their
respective groups.


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>