Re: [council] Thanks for the live mp3 stream!
- To: Adrian Kinderis <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [council] Thanks for the live mp3 stream!
- From: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 04:41:12 -0400
- Cc: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <8CEF048B9EC83748B1517DC64EA130FB3F596B346A@off-win2003-01.ausregistrygroup.local>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <4C3F0887.email@example.com> <8CEF048B9EC83748B1517DC64EA130FB3F596B346A@off-win2003-01.ausregistrygroup.local>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100527 Thunderbird/3.0.5
Nobody (that I know) has accused us of doctoring the mp3. I was
including transparency along with interaction, in that I know people who
are more likely to listen to the recording if they can do so
simultaneously with the live meeting, both to interact and to understand
the rationale for a decision as soon as they hear the outcome.
On 07/15/2010 08:25 PM, Adrian Kinderis wrote:
Just one point;
Can you explain to me how it (the audiocast) adds transparency? Have we been
accused of doctoring the mp3?
I agree with the heightening of stakeholder interaction.
From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Wendy Seltzer
Sent: Thursday, 15 July 2010 11:09 PM
To: Marika Konings; Council GNSO
Subject: [council] Thanks for the live mp3 stream!
Hi Marika and others on ICANN staff,
Thanks very much for your quick work organizing the mp3 streaming of
today's GNSO Council meeting. Even without much advance notice and
timing conflicts for several who would have participated, I think we got
a good test of the system. I heard reports that it worked well, and it
enhanced NCSG's practice of running a skype chatroom for Councilors and
NCSG members. I hope we will continue the practice, as it adds both
transparency and opportunity for Councilor interaction with stakeholder
group members and the public.
Wendy Seltzer -- wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx
Fellow, Silicon Flatirons Center at University of Colorado Law School
Fellow, Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University