Re: [council] Topics for Board/Staff/GNSO Dinner Meeting in Nairobi

Hi Chuck,

The main area of worry that I see remains the ever-delaying new gTLD program.

Would it be appropriate to suggest a topic along those lines (perhaps something
like: "are delays to the new gTLD program hurting it and ICANN as a whole", or
something more neutral like "suggestions to solve remaining overarching issues
in 2010 and avoid further delays spilling into 2011")?

I realize some may not feel at ease being upfront about this. However, I do
think GNSO Principle A is getting more and more often overlooked as time passes
and that reminders that the GNSO's first focus was on the new gTLDs being
introduced in a "orderly, timely and predictable way", the operative words here
being timely and predictable, are warranted.

I'm sure we all realise that for prospective applicants, the current process is
neither timely nor predictable...

Thanks,

Stéphane