RE: [council] ICANN Board meeting agenda - 9 Dec 2009 - Item on Constituencies

  • To: "Rosemary Sinclair" <Rosemary.Sinclair@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] ICANN Board meeting agenda - 9 Dec 2009 - Item on Constituencies
  • From: "Rosemary Sinclair" <Rosemary.Sinclair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 08:49:16 +1100
  • Cc: <ncsg-ec@xxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Bruce and others

I should have added this earlier - my usual practice, having raised a
question, is to suggest some next steps

which might be:

1) To make progress with the discussion that was suggested in Seoul
between the Consumer Constituency proposers and myself (in two
capacities - one as NCSG EC Vice Chair and second as a Board appointed
Councilor focused on engaging the consumer voice in ICANN)

2) To explore NCSG support for the Consumer Constituency proposal - this
would provide a "good beginning" for the Constituency within the
Stakeholder Group and something I am keen to facilitate

In the meantime NCSG Executive Committee will continue our work on
formation of NCSG as part of the GNSO Improvements work in order to be a
fully formed Stakeholder Group which can support Members, Interest
Groups and Constituencies as they develop to represent the voice of
Non-Commercial Stakeholders.

Cheers

Rosemary