RE: [council] Board letter to GNSO Council
- To: "Avri Doria" <avri@xxxxxxx>, "Council GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [council] Board letter to GNSO Council
- From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 10:30:26 -0400
- In-reply-to: <7BBF2310-E2A3-4B8F-BAF0-B93142295877@acm.org>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <7BBF2310-E2A3-4B8F-BAF0-B93142295877@acm.org>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AcpNo3PHwEHjyS/sSqSyge4J4fdZzAAAErKw
- Thread-topic: [council] Board letter to GNSO Council
We discussed this some in our RySG call yesterday. The one clear
position that was made is that the process should follow the practice we
have been following in recent months and years to NOT restrict
participation to just Councilors.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Avri Doria
> Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2009 10:22 AM
> To: Council GNSO
> Subject: [council] Board letter to GNSO Council
> Was just asked during another meeting whether there was any
> idea of what kind of work the Council would be engaged in in
> order to meet the Board deadline on this.
> I had to admit that we wee still too busy on the transition
> details to have discussed this at all on the list.
> I would like to invite the council to begin considering how
> you want to handle this. Hopefully discussions have already
> begun in the SGs.
> One note: if we wait until the new council is seated to start
> dealing with this we will have used one week of the council 8
> weeks to get it done.