[council] Olga Cavalli Candidacy Statement
- To: GNSO Council <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] Olga Cavalli Candidacy Statement
- From: Olga Cavalli <olgac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 22:04:18 -0300
- Cc: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>, Glen de Saint Géry <gnso-secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:sender:received:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=Ebg6qQAxo6LkAOdpkYqXee/i9YM/+UodOzYJshcdGvA=; b=vUMzc++8i1b20YuF4gz6eWYOaIxJmefnRbGeR24hxI+dsur5GLda7C+iURBs9AfXXQ GBXQ56P5rBFh0lywVz2hGcGOQhMk4UvV0EnncpCSVsL7AK0qA0Saq/n5RUZB/bRwVKEq nSKBjc6MZZ9tUQaa0//REJD+DKqGgMKn/ojh8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject :from:to:cc:content-type; b=Afw1MYSNG1HfvvGcG76XIwjCR1sd1/FIHR1QiBuWg91lW47sGP54nRD2b2iRjik3qF HJgOJoSi43FGLWjV3rifHqpgUH5BurW3HbDCXldmwk/U9jVzycT71IBuhYR7Z7SpjHSL ONgu8Ylir8VAOPoT2gFR+aHOqfVW7Qh1ahPbo=
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear Council Members,
First I want to thank Bill for the nomination and Tony for seconding it.
I am happy and honored by this nomination to GNSO Chair Candidate.
Since I was appointed by the Noncom to the GNSO in 2007 I have tried to be
as much active as possible in my role of council member, in order to
understand the dynamics among the different constituencies in the GNSO and
also the interaction between the Council and other ICANN organizations and
committees as well as the whole Internet community.
In relation to the GNSO Restructuring Process, I volunteered and got
involved in the following activities:
- Chair of the Constituency Operations Working Team.
- Member of the Operations Steering Committee OSC (Alternate Chair).
- Member of the Planning Team of the GNSO Improvements Process.
As I understand that the internationalization of the Internet is a key issue
for broadening global participation, I volunteered for the following
- GNSO representative in the IDN PDP Working Group.
- GNSO representative in the Geographic Regions Review Working Group.
- Member of the GNSO Comments on the IDNC Report drafting team.
In order to promote active participation and interaction between GNSO and
other ICANN organizations, I volunteered for the following roles:
- GNSO liaison for the ccNSO.
- Chair of the GNSO Travel Drafting Team.
- GNSO representative in the last two joint AC/SO meetings held in Sydney
and Mexico City.
If I am elected GNSO Chair I will do my best to accomplish my mission as
Noncom Appointee to the GNSO, from a neutral perspective placing the broad
public interest ahead of any particular interests.
I will help GNSO in meeting the restructuring and improvement process
requirements, and at the same time follow different policy areas, like new
gTLDs, IDNs and others that may arise.
This new stage in ICANN, in the light of the Affirmation of Commitments,
will bring new communication and interaction challenges among the different
ICANN supporting organizations, committees and the ICANN Board.
In this sense I would like to help GNSO to improve communications with all
The GNSO is a challenging and intensive learning experience, and I would
very much like to become chair to lead the Council in these times of change.
12 October 2009.
2009/10/7 Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
> Dear Councillors,
> Bill Drake, a Non Commercial Stakeholder Group Council member, has duly
> nominated Olga Cavalli for the position of Council chair.
> Tony Harris, a Commercial Stakeholder Group Council member, has duly
> seconded the nomination.
> Olga Cavalli has accepted the nomination and will submit a candidacy
> statement in writing to the Council not later than 14 October 2009.
> Thank you,
> Kind regards,
> Glen de Saint Géry
> GNSO Secretariat