[council] Abstentions

Chuck, let me know if I missed something but I fear the bylaws are silent on
this issue.
The point as yet undefined is as Avri started to define the follows.

We have defined a set of voting thresholds 25%, 60 % etc in the bylaws and a
catch all 50% threshold for anything else.
We have not defined the denominator. 25% of what ? etc

There are three options of the denominator:
1. Total seats (ie the 13 and the 7) (abstentions question NOT relevant)
2. Members present for the vote (abstentions question relevant)
3. Votes cast (abstentions question relevant)

Given quorum there are not many variants and  table could be made to show them.
But we need to be clear which one we choose.

Part of the decision is also based on an assumption of status quo.
Is the (policy) status quo today a good place to be? if yes, adopt a
conservative approach to change.
Is the (policy) status quo today a poor place to be? if yes, adopt a liberal
approach to change.

You and I might disagree on this one !