[council] Forwarded from kevin Wilson

  • To: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Forwarded from kevin Wilson
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 03:08:18 -0700
  • Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: fr-FR, en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Forwarded From: Kevin Wilson

Dear GNSO Council:

We have received some questions about travel support for Seoul for GNSO
members.  I thought it might help to have the GNSO Council see a general
response so that you won't have to take up valuable Council time on this
subject.

GNSO currently has 23 travel support slots for each ICANN meeting.   (Note:  1
slot includes airfare and Lodging/PerDiem and can be split between two
members).  My understanding is that the GNSO delegates to each constituency the
decision for assigning these slots.

Since the GNSO is transitioning to a new Council in Seoul, some constituencies
may feel a need to request an exception to the posted Travel Guidelines and
request additional support.   I recommend that the leader/s of the constituency
group send me a specific request indicating the reason for the request,
travelor's name, amount of support (ie half or full), etc.

If the requests are modest, we'll figure out a way to fund it out of FY10's
adopted budget.  If the requests are not modest, we'll circle back with the
GNSO Council on possible solutions.

Kevin Wilson

CFO
ICANN