[council] FW: Status update for PPSC WG work team

  • To: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] FW: Status update for PPSC WG work team
  • From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 14:05:27 -0700
  • Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: fr-FR, en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PPSC Working Group work team status update:
Forwarded from j. scott evans | senior legal director, global brand & trademark
| Yahoo! Inc. |

Glen:

Our group divided its work into two sections.  First, we are developing a
Charter Drafting Guidelines document that would assist groups that are
chartering a Working Group in putting together an appropriate Charter.  Second,
we are putting together a Working Group Operating Model Guidebook that would be
used by Working Groups to understand how to operate a working group.
Currently, we have finished the work on a majority of the Charter Drafting
Guidelines document.  We hope to have a call for consensus for about 90% of the
document within the next 2 weeks.  However, because certain sections of the
Charter Drafting Guidelines cross-reference information in the Working Group
Operating Model Guidebook, there are a couple of sections for which we will
have to delay the call for consensus until such time as the Working Group
Operating Model Guidebook is finalized.  Hence, we plan to start work on the
second document next week.  We are cognizant that some portions of the Working
Group Operating Model Guidebook are reliant on working going on in other parts
of the reorganization effort and we have every intention (with the assistance
of our able staff liaisons) to ensure that our work compliments and/or
incorporates the work of these other groups before being finalized.  We have a
rough draft of this second document prepared and will now begin the task of
refining the text.  It is our hope to have the document in a position to have
an intense drafting session in Seoul so that we can have a draft to put out a
call for consensuses soon thereafter.

I hope this information will assist you.

J. Scott

Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat
gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>