From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Gomes, Chuck
Sent: Friday, 18 September 2009 5:01 AM
To: Council GNSO
Subject: [council] Amended Motion to Approve Plan for Bicameral Council Seat
Transition

Attached you will find a clean and a redline version of a revised motion to
approve the Plan for Bicameral Council Seat Transition (i.e., an implementation
plan for the new bicameral Council).  Note that I submitted the original motion
two days ago but Avri, Staff and I discovered some changes that were needed
after consultation with the GC office and in our own discussions.  The clean
version is also posted on the wiki at
https://st.icann.org/gnso-council/index.cgi?24_sept_motions.

This motion is on our agenda for our meeting next week on 24 September 2009 so
please forward it to your respective groups for review and comment as soon as
possible for their review and comment.

In the redline version you will see that quite a few changes were made,
although the overall essence of the plan is very similar to what it was; quite
a few needed details were added.

The clean version is probably the easiest to use but those of you who already
reviewed the original motion may find it helpful to refer to the redline
version so that you can easily see the changes that were made.  Also, the
redline version contains comments that were exchanged by Avri, ICANN Staff and
I in the process; they hopefully will provide the rationale for the amendments
made.  If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask.

As before, amendment suggestions are welcome.

Chuck Gomes