Re: [council] GNSO Council meet and greet?

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Adrian Kinderis <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>, Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] GNSO Council meet and greet?
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 10:41:27 +0200
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This all started as an idea from the registrars to have an informal session
at some point during our first Seoul work day just to let people talk
freely. No set agenda. No pressure. No formalism. If people want to vent,
let them. I'm sure we're all civilised enough and all get on well enough
outside of the Council (I've certainly enjoyed a few after-hour drinks with
some of my fellow Councillors in the past and it's never been a problem) not
to jump at each others' throats the minute the mikes are switched off and
the scribes ushered out the room.

There was also an idea to have a collective drink afterwards. Just a
friendly little get-together that the Council might enjoy.

Frankly, if organising a drinks session and an informal conversation within
the GNSO Council is this complicated, I don't see how we can be expected to
make any real progress on important issues.

Sorry about the rant. I guess I've already used up my vent time from the
Saturday session now and will just have to sit quietly through that one :)

Stéphane