Re: [council] some issues related to the idea of all terms ending on 23 October.

Dear Margie,

Thank you for your explanations.

1. I had read that section and had not understood it, that is partly what I meant about the document needing further analysis. I thought it was arguing for a restriction on the voting capability of the future council Chair and Vice Chairs. And I did not understand this. In reading it I did not pick up that you were suggesting that someone who was no longer a member of the Council could still act as its Chair. I am not sure I personally believe this is possible or viable, but I thank you for the clarification. Assuming it is legitimate vis a vis the Bylaws, it does become another possible scenario for the council to consider. Has the legitimacy of a non council member, any non council member, serving as a non voting council chair been checked with legal counsel?

2. I am glad to read that the date which was defined as consistent with the bylaws is actually consistent with Staff interpretation of the bylaws and is something that is variable and is something that can be decided by the council in another manner consistent with the Bylaws. I think that many council members will be interested in considering Chuck's proposal in this light. In that scenario, it would be very much like a Board transition, were both old and new members are in attendance and the shift happens during the meeting itself.

3. Is there is there any information of how the term of an NCA in midterm would be handled in this case of discontinuity of terms?

thank you.

a.