RE: [council] Dealing with conflicts

  • To: "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Dealing with conflicts
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 08:21:56 -0700
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

font-size:10pt;"><div>The difference in the vote in question and what Philip
puts forward below is that some potentially ex-Councilors may be voting on
personally receiving payment for travel to Seoul. That is not the same as
appointed/elected Councilors voting as representatives of their constituencies
on policy issues that affect that constituency as a whole.</div>
different. But it is about funding ex-Councilors and IMO that creates
a&nbsp;personal benefit to an individual. I know there is the issue of timing
as Kristina pointed out. There likely isn't an&nbsp;easy answer, which is why
I&nbsp;believe we should not be voting on this at all.</div>
know if we are just wasting our time. If a consensus or a majority of
Councilors/ex-Councilors is not going to sway ICANN to increase funding then
perhaps&nbsp;we can all be saved from spending more time on an already lost
cause.</div>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 8px; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 8px;
BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px solid; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: verdana" webmail="1">
conflicts<BR>From: "Philip Sheppard" &lt;philip.sheppard@xxxxxx&gt;<BR>Date:
Fri, August 14, 2009 7:35 am<BR>To: "'Council GNSO'"
&lt;council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;<BR><BR><BR><BR>I will gladly abstain from a vote
related to a conflict on travel if I hear an<BR>undertaking from the contract
parties they will cease to vote on all future<BR>issues that may affect their