[council] GNSO Improvements Board action and follow-up efforts
- To: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, liaison6c <liaison6c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] GNSO Improvements Board action and follow-up efforts
- From: Denise Michel <denise.michel@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 14:47:58 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:sender:reply-to:received:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=l3wMSV2qD/AgxJ+YMtQL2BH1fbFclxoRluA3xVfiSEo=; b=dmq7sAuCukjpdxri3Kv2VvhPFPHANYG//+IJTZ9J6lrM8Yu74MwyUBZWy5d0c7m9Z5 ooRtcoEwfR+EBw/UOqJ5IC5vLNhWtyKHnBeaol0oH9Y53AB5EX1phLBzKtNrTFnMfQEI qpMmg9/Hmsvi/NgkTykYBw6xNElHh/eS2NfVA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:reply-to:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; b=G55a3dykU+JeM9rTYCx6t+BvamJxiYNf1pQExKwCdVCueePWknGzM4PZy+13xf448q mJqesS8/onluTQTTLuS3x5BYf2zkKyO9q2TnJu6SOAQ+JsgEgDTTgS8mtH22tq0fMXRm gN+iP3wEajiLUT7N5R+52q6kMHkXMhAu9D/SA=
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: denise.michel@xxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear Community Members:
At last Thursday's Board meeting, the Directors considered a number of
issues related to GNSO Improvements, and made significant progress towards
seating the new GNSO Council in Seoul.
Specifically, the Board adopted
(i) approved all of the Stakeholder Group Charters as recommended by
the Structural Improvements Committee, and (ii) approved the ability of the
Contracted Party House to select Board Seat #13, and the ability of the Non
Contracted Party House to select Board Seat #14.
The Board also discussed pending new Constituency applications, and
acknowledged that Staff is posting a complete set of Bylaws Amendments for
public comment. The Amendments, which have been
reflect the Board's recent decisions and other GNSO restructuring matters
necessary to seat the new Council.
Please note that these Bylaw Amendments (Version 2) address a number of
issues that impact the work of the GNSO Restructuring Work Teams. Because
these proposed Bylaws include provisions that the GNSO Restructuring
Drafting Team did not review during its work, Staff posted two documents to
assist the community in its review. One document highlights the
differences between the GNSO proposed Bylaws proposals (<
and the other is a Staff Explanation for some of the more substantive
amendments included in Version 2 (<
These include a discussion of issues such as: changes to Annex A; additional
voting threshold for certain contracting parties; and procedures for
adopting the GNSO Operating Rules and Procedures.
We encourage the GNSO Restructuring Work Teams to review and discuss these
materials at their next meetings, and to provide comments during the public
comment period, which closes on 23 August. The Board expects to act on a
comprehensive set of amendments at its 27 August meeting.
Additional information on GNSO Improvements follow-up actions that should be
completed in the next few months will be posted shortly.
ICANN Vice President