RE: [council] Joint ccNSO-GNSO IDN Working Group (JIG)

After a more thorough meeting of the drafting team at the ccNSO, please find
attached an updated draft of the charter for consideration (version 4).

There are quite a bit of edits however the core concept is not changed and
in fact provides probably a more clear directive for the JIG.  The changes
include:
- First paragraph in the purpose section edited to be more directly
describing the emergence of the group
- In the scope section the forgoing of the description of what constitutes
an issue of common interest, but rather depend on the examples.  Also, added
description to handle out of scope issues.
- Added a section "Omission in or unreasonable impact of Charter" to provide
a bit more flexibility for the WG to conduct its work
- Added a section "Closure of the Working Group" to be closed when either
the new gTLD process or the IDN ccTLD Fast Track is implemented (extendable
by mutual agreement)
- Removed the "Draft Timeline for Initial Tasks" section.  This is to avoid
undue pressure on the JIG and to provide a better environment for successful
cooperation in the group between the ccNSO and GNSO

The one change of substance is the introduction of some parity in
representation between the GNSO and the ccNSO on the JIG.  The previous
draft made no limitations, this version specifies that there be:
- 5 members each from the GNSO and ccNSO respectively
- Plus the chair of each council (or an alternate appointed by the chair)

The main motivation for the limitation is to have some parity in
representation, whereas the number 5 is selected because the ccNSO had had
good success in using that for representing the 5 regions (the 5 members
from the GNSO does not have to be from the 5 regions).

I think this is a reasonable approach and compromise, although I am aware of
the limitation and its effects.

Overall, I think the edits are constructive and provides a good foundation
for successful work.  I am enthusiastic about the opportunity for the ccNSO
and GNSO to work together collaboratively. :-)

Looking forward to people's thoughts and comments.

Edmon

PS. Do not think there needs to be any change in the Proposed Motion, except
a typo for the Resolved part:
RESOLVED:
To initiate together with the ccNSO a Joint ccNSO-GNSO IDN Working Group
(JIG) based on the Draft Charter.
((deleting "be formed" before "based on"))

On