[council] IDNG Charter Draft

  • To: "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] IDNG Charter Draft
  • From: "Edmon Chung" <edmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 19:24:16 +0800
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Everyone,

This is a draft of the IDNG Charter for discussion.  Apologies for sending this
in rather late, have been bogged down by a very potent virus.

The document developed by the drafting team follows the concept and structure
of the IDNC WG (http://ccnso.icann.org/workinggroups/idnc-charter.htm) with 6
sections:
1. Purpose
2. Scope
3. Process
4. Membership
5. Timeline
6. Background and References

This version incorporates issues raised by the team and changes discussed
during the call we had last week, including:
- consideration of different types of TLDs for the WG
- that should be implemented comfortably ahead of the full New gTLD process
- explanation in background describing the urgency for IDN gTLDs

A resolution has not been drafted yet, but I think we can have a discussion on
this draft charter first.

Edmon