Re: [council] GNSO Council letter to the GAC
- To: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [council] GNSO Council letter to the GAC
- From: William Drake <william.drake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 12:47:28 +0200
- Cc: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <C62EFC0D.14C8Bemail@example.com>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <C62EFC0D.14C8Bfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for sharing the draft, looks good. I do have some suggestions
though that we might want to consider, and am wondering how you want
to proceed. Personally I much prefer using a wiki or Google docs but
if mail's the only option ok. Was a list established for this purpose
and I missed it?
On May 12, 2009, at 10:12 AM, Stéphane Van Gelder wrote:
In a letter dated April 24 2009, GAC Chair Janis Karklins wrote to
ICANN CEO Paul Twomey on the subject of geographical names and the
new gTLD process.
At our Council meeting last week, it was decided that we should
respond to this letter and I volunteered to write a draft. We agreed
that our response should be sent to the GAC asap, preferably by the
end of this week, and Avri informed the GAC that they should expect
a response from the GNSO Council by this Friday.
In order to fine-tune our draft response, a team was set up and I
submitted my draft to the team yesterday.
The team responded very quickly in order to meet the Council’s
Friday deadline and considered my draft “good to go”, with one
addition by David Maher and a comment by Avri, both of which have
been included in the draft letter we are submitting to the full
Council today (see attached).
Could you please review and let me know of any further changes you
would like to make, or of your approval, so that Avri may then send
the finished letter to the GAC on Friday.
My thanks to the members of the drafting team: David Maher - Avri
Doria - Nacho Amadoz - Edmon Chung - Brian Cute - Ken Stubbs - Olga
Cavalli - Tony Harris - Terry Davis – William Drake.
Stéphane Van Gelder
<GNSO Council to GAC May 2009 V2.pdf>