[council] Update on RAA
- To: "Council GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] Update on RAA
- From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 17:27:06 +1000
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AcnD3etSvpx6OwEViE6xUHqnaSsMeAABeIEw
- Thread-topic: Update on RAA
There was a long discussion regarding the RAA amendments at the Board
Personally I abstained from the discussion as I am employed by a
registrar, and the registrar would be subject to the registrar
It was noted that the Public Comment period ended on 6 April 2009 and
ICANN Staff provided a summary to the Board prior to the Board Meeting.
In addition, ICANN had recent discussions with the US Department of
Commerce, following up on concerns originally raised in the DOC's 1
August 2008 letter.
Based upon the board discussion, it was determined that staff should
prepare a letter to the DOC, confirming the benefits of the new RAA,
prior to the Board's final approval.
The board expects to act on the amendments during its next board meeting
in May 2009.