[council] Regions in GNSO

  • To: GNSO Council <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Regions in GNSO
  • From: Olga Cavalli <olgac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 19:17:51 -0200
  • Cc: Zahid Jamil <zahid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Olga Cavalli <olgacavalli@xxxxxxxxx>, Rob Hoggarth <robert.hoggarth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:sender:received:in-reply-to :references:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:cc :content-type; bh=LiVro4tXxaM31TYSu7K0JdIUwv1PEUunj6XOhWPZmv4=; b=iKo9bj5eggJLCjpBUpiuJezwBEilPZVRdURXWOVk/WGwTwb8gPwqgz4FbWuxbzUpa9 RWi3WCfqkYaLW8PT+hmrwCBYvPb97j+DmDeARSnBe6KciIlZo+m4ZjrP8sHheGIVdwYW mIr6XxIit4hV37I3/htd9/pHEDebIlIHRTqSw=
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,
In the Geo Regions Working group, we have been asked to complete a template
to record our findings about the uses of Regions by our respective AC/SO, in
our case the GNSO.

I asked Robert Hoggarth to assist us in this task and both of us could not
find other references to regions other than the one in the ICANN bylaws
included at the end of this email.

Is there any other reference for uses of Regions on GNSO or on GNSO´s
constituencies that we should consider and include in the template? If so,
please let us know during this week.

For your reference, I am attaching the example template sent by ccNSO.

Thanks and regards.

Olga

*ARTICLE X: GENERIC NAMES SUPPORTING ORGANIZATION*

*Section 1. DESCRIPTION*

There shall be a policy-development body known as the Generic Names
Supporting Organization (GNSO), which shall be responsible for developing
and recommending to the ICANN Board substantive policies relating to generic
top-level domains.

*Section 2. ORGANIZATION*

The GNSO shall consist of (i) various Constituencies representing particular
groups of stakeholders, as described in Section 5 of this
Article<http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm#X-5>and (ii) a GNSO
Council responsible for managing the policy development
process of the GNSO.

*Section 3. GNSO COUNCIL*

1. Subject to the provisions of the Transition Article of these
Bylaws<http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm#XX>,
the GNSO Council shall consist of three representatives selected by each of
the Constituencies described in Section 5 of this
Article<http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm#X-5>,
and three persons selected by the ICANN Nominating Committee. No two
representatives selected by a Constituency shall be citizens of the same
country or of countries located in the same Geographic Region. There may
also be two liaisons to the GNSO Council, one appointed by each of the
Governmental Advisory Committee and the At-Large Advisory Committee from
time to time, who shall not be members of or entitled to vote on the GNSO
Council, but otherwise shall be entitled to participate on equal footing
with members of the GNSO Council. The appointing Advisory Committee shall
designate its liaison (or revoke or change the designation of its liaison)
on the GNSO Council by providing written notice to the Chair of the GNSO
Council and to the ICANN Secretary. The GNSO Council may also have observers
as described in paragraph 9 of this
Section<http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm#X-3.9>
.