[council] Re: NCSG Proposal and Executive Summary

  • To: <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Re: NCSG Proposal and Executive Summary
  • From: "Mary Wong" <MWong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 00:37:44 -0500
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry for the apparent spam, but the original message did not seem to go
through to everyone.

Mary W S Wong
Professor of Law
Franklin Pierce Law Center
Two White Street
Concord, NH 03301
USA
Email: mwong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 1-603-513-5143
Webpage: http://www.piercelaw.edu/marywong/index.php
Selected writings available on the Social Science Research Network
(SSRN) at: http://ssrn.com/author=437584

>>> Mary Wong 3/1/2009 12:21 AM >>>
Hello everyone,

I am forwarding, for your information and review, the charter that has
just been submitted by the NCUC on the proposed new Non-Commercial
Stakeholder Group (NCSG). As you will see from Robin Gross' email
(below) and the Executive Summary (attached), the NCUC has tried to
formulate a charter that will be a viable long-term, flexible structure
that also addresses the need for greater inclusiveness and participation
(especially of individual users) while endorsing the move toward
consensus-based working group policy formulation.

We believe the charter, which in its present form was crafted through
an ongoing process of consultation and feedback-gathering both within
the NCUC and with other interested groups (e.g. the ALAC), represents
the most thorough and best attempt to date to meet the Board's
articulated goals for constituency/GNSO revitalization. The NCUC
Councillors, Chair and Executive Committee will be very happy to discuss
any aspect of the proposed charter during the Mexico meeting and,
indeed, any time following.

Best regards,
Mary