[council] WHOIS motion from the Whois drafting team for Council consideration

  • To: GNSO Council <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] WHOIS motion from the Whois drafting team for Council consideration
  • From: Liz Gasster <liz.gasster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 09:44:30 -0800
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Cc: "gnso-whois-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-whois-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All,

Attached and posted on the WHOIS discussion workspace is the draft motion that
the WHOIS studies drafting team has prepared for Council consideration.  (This
is not for action on today's Council call).
See: https://st.icann.org/gnso-council/index.cgi?whois_references

Although not noted in the attached, staff has a concern about Study Group E
(studies 3 and 20), which involve RAA provision 3.7.7.3.  Staff does not
believe the studies can be conducted as described in the attached, and we have
drafted alternative language that we think could be the subject of a study of
the relevant provision.  I can elaborate at the appropriate time, but I wanted
to flag our concern as this language is circulating.

Thanks, Liz