[council] Nomination Acceptance

  • To: "GNSO Council" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Nomination Acceptance
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 17:58:01 -0500
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sincere thanks to Olga for nominating me for Council vice chair and to
Adrian for seconding the nomination.  I accept the nomination.

If I am elected, I commit to serving as vice chair to the best of my
ability until the new vice chairs are seated under the new bicameral
structure mid-year.  I will continue to support Avri as Chair including
backing her up when needed during meetings and cooperating with her and
Glen in various Council activities as I have tried to do since first
being elected vice chair.  I will also do my best to fulfill vice chair
functions in a neutral capacity, always trying to make clear when I am
acting in my personal capacity or as a representative of the RyC and not
acting as vice chair.

Chuck Gomes