[council] RAA motions - resend

  • To: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] RAA motions - resend
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 13:29:02 -0500
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thee are supposed to be two motions. In my last ruhed email I repeated the one that is n the wiki.

The two motions tabled last meeting until this one are:

Whereas:
- ICANN has undertaken a lengthy consultative process related to amending the Registrar Accreditation Agreement (RAA); - The parties have arrived at a set of amendments that are generally thought to be worthy of inclusion in the RAA;

Resolve:
The GNSO Council supports the attached RAA amendments and recommends to the Board that they be adopted.

Second motion:

Whereas:
- The GNSO Council has recommended that the RAA amendments developed by the ICANN community be adopted; - There is a belief that additional amendments to the RAA may be required; - The Registrar Constituency is open to continuing the dialogue about future changes to the RAA;

Resolve:
The GNSO Council calls on ICANN to establish a consultative process by which to review the superset of community-suggested RAA issues and amendments not addressed in the present set of amendments and to work with Registrars to develop a procedure for proposing additional amendments in the future.