We have no idea how much will be allocated or whether the support is only for complete support or are sub-dividable (travel/room/ allowance). I believe we are still under the policy regime of a fixed number of people getting full support.

Hopefully we will be able to get an answer from the Staff by Thursday.

a.

On 6 Jan 2009, at 17:55, Rosette, Kristina wrote:

Do we have any idea as to how much $ will be allotted or how many
persons will be funded? Or, do we just put together our wish lists and
wait to see what happens?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ]
On Behalf Of Avri Doria
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 5:44 PM
To: Council GNSO
Subject: [council] Fwd: Travel data form

Hi,

We have an issue that needs to be dealt with by the constituencies.

Stacy Hoffberg is asking for the names of those who will receive ICANN
travel support by Friday Jan 9, with a drop dead date of Jan 16.

While this is ok for the NCAs, I understand it is a problem for the
constituencies as we do not have answers from the staff to our motion of
18 Dec 08 that will allow the constituencies to make their
determinations.  Not only that, our motion asked for the answer by 15
Jan, and they want all the information by 16 Jan. I note that we had no
warning that this would be deadline.

I also understand that the consensus seems to be that that Council have
no role in determining the list of names as was done for the
Cairo meeting.    I, therefore, think there is little I can do other
then pass this request on to the constituencies.

I am enclosing the form that needs to be filled out for all travelers.
The NCAs should just fill it out and send it to Glen.  As for the
constituencies, I do not know what to say. Perhaps the info of all the candidates should be collected so at least you all will be ready if/ when
we get responses from the staff to the motion of Dec 18.

I have put an item on the GNSO Council agenda for thrusday asking the
staff for status on this issue.

a.

Begin forwarded message: