RE: [council] ICANN Board resolution from meeting of 11 Dec 08

Bruce - Thanks.  Denise alerted us to this in our Council meeting
yesterday.  I some questions for you. The resolution seems to focus on
individual noncommercial Internet users only.  Was that intentional?
Why were individual commercial Internet users (e.g., sole
proprietorships) excluded?

We probably should discuss how to accomplish this task on the list.  If
we wait until our next meeting on 8 January, we will have only 16 days
to meet the deadline.  As I pointed out in our call yesterday, the
Council already endorsed the GNSO restructure recommendations that
proposed including users in the User House of the GNSO, both commercial
and noncommercial.  Does anyone think that our position has changed in
that regard?

Some other questions to consider:

- How do we involve representatives of potential new "non-commercial"
constituencies?

- Should we involve individual commercial Internet users even though the
motion appears to exclude them?

- Would those who will be part of the Non-Commercial User SG and the
Commercial User SG be willing to propose any recommendations?

- How can we best work with members of the ALAC and At-Large?

Avri - It seems like it would be good for you to reach out to Cheryl
Langdon-Orr.

Alan - 1) What suggestions do you have regarding how we can best work
with members of the ALAC and At-Large?  2) Has the ALAC or At-Large
reached any common position regarding the involvement of users in the
GNSO?

Chuck