RE: [council] RE: Voting on RAA Amendments Motion(s)

  • To: "'GNSO Council'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] RE: Voting on RAA Amendments Motion(s)
  • From: "Mike Rodenbaugh" <icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 16:33:14 -0800
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chuck,

Then why are we asked to approve this?  Apparently ICANN Counsel's
interpretation of the RAA is that we need to approve it, and presumably that
means we ought to discuss it first and come to consensus as to what portion
can be approved by 2/3 of the Council.  It is certainly reasonable that the
Council must review and approve amendments to the RAA, as provided within
the RAA.  These are accreditation agreements effective upon the entire
registrar and reseller community, so effectively they are policy documents.

Mike

  _____