Re: [council] Revised Community Travel Support Procedure for FY09

  • To: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Revised Community Travel Support Procedure for FY09
  • From: Greg Ruth <greg_ruth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 10:50:57 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Basically, I disagree with the notion that some of the travel funding should
be allocated to constituencies and some should be earmarked to support WG
chairs.  I believe the original intent was not to progress WG efforts, but
rather to make sure that all stakeholders (constituencies) have an *equal*
opportunity to participate.  (I would think that a responsible WG chair should
have been sure of his/her ability to participate *before* accepting the
position.)  Therefore, I am in favor of dividing the funding more or less
equally among the consituencies and letting each decide how it can best support
representation at ICANN meetings.