Re: [council] Revised Community Travel Support Procedure for FY09

  • To: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>, Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Revised Community Travel Support Procedure for FY09
  • From: Greg Ruth <greg_ruth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 08:45:12 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Alan,
      I agree with your thinking.  It would be best, I think, if the GNSO had
the flexibility to allocate travel funds in finer granularity than all or
nothing support for an attendee.  The policy's mechanics section, however,
suggests that the ICANN prefers to offer support at the granularity of an
(entire) airfare, or an entire hotel stay.
Greg