[council] Update on staff support and GNSO Council activities

  • To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Update on staff support and GNSO Council activities
  • From: Liz Gasster <liz.gasster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 17:03:32 -0700
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All,

In light of recent changes in staff supporting the GNSO Council, I'd like to
provide the following summary of selected GNSO Council activities and the
primary Policy Staff responsible for supporting those activities.  You are
encouraged to contact the policy staff listed below (all can be reached at
policy-staff@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:policy-staff@xxxxxxxxx>) if you have questions
regarding the activities they are handling:

Implementation of BGC GNSO Improvement recommendations

 *   Policy staff lead - Rob Hoggarth, with several staff supporting
Fast flux PDP

 *   Policy staff lead(s) - Liz Gasster and Marika Konings
Inter-registrar transfers PDPs (denial definitions PDP and Part A Issues Report)

 *   Policy staff lead - Marika Konings (Olof Nordling will be available for
transition and continuity)
Domain name tasting resolution
Responsibility for implementation now shifts to ICANN's Services staff, with
ongoing policy support from Rob Hoggarth.  We note the ongoing responsibility
for monitoring the effectiveness of this PDP, which Rob Hoggarth will
facilitate.

 *   ICANN Services staff lead - Craig Schwartz
 *   Ongoing Policy staff support - Rob Hoggarth
Whois studies

 *   Policy staff lead - Liz Gasster
New gTLDs
ICANN Services has the lead.

 *   Policy staff lead - Denise Michel
Reserved names for existing gTLDs
ICANN Services has the lead - Patrick Jones

 *   Policy staff lead - Liz Gasster
Absentee voting
Implementation is underway.

 *   Policy staff lead(s) - Liz Gasster and Glen de St. Gery, supported by the
Office of the General Counsel

I have lead policy staff responsibility for the GNSO.  Please contact me
directly for any issues not mentioned here, if you have any questions or
concerns, or if we can be helpful in any way.

Thanks!  Liz Gasster