RE: [council] GNSO reform - IPC rep
- To: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>, "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [council] GNSO reform - IPC rep
- From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 08:57:27 -0700
- Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
- Acceptlanguage: fr-FR, en-US
- Cc: "met@xxxxxxx" <met@xxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <3BA081BEFB35144DBD44B2F141C2C72704FDE7E1@cbiexm04dc.cov.com>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <3BA081BEFB35144DBD44B2F141C2C72704FDE7E1@cbiexm04dc.cov.com>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AcjWtXF2g0jcSJiGSPy/AdvMWgXT5gAI2zjQAFR1pXAAOLT9uAA80BXQ
- Thread-topic: [council] GNSO reform - IPC rep
Thanks Kristina noted and added to the list
From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Rosette, Kristina
Sent: samedi 28 juin 2008 12:56
Subject: Re: [council] GNSO reform - IPC rep
Steve Metalitz will represent the IPC on the group.
Covington & Burling LLP
1201 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, DC 20004-2401
direct fax: 202-778-5173
main fax: 202-662-6291
This message is from a law firm and may contain information that is
confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
please immediately advise the sender by reply e-mail that this message has been
inadvertently transmitted to you and delete this e-mail from your system.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Sent from my Wireless Handheld
----- Original Message -----
From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri Jun 27 04:04:11 2008
Subject: [council] GNSO reform - need to set up the schedule NOW !
the Board has spoken and as any Board does when faced with intractable issues,
it has sent
then back to the intractable participants to sort out !
I exaggerate, the Board has given us a 4 week window to seek a compromise
ourselves and I
find that positive.
I especially welcomed those Board members who commented that working on
objectives first is more important than the tool to implement those principles
parity or the number of votes.
I believe we should start our WG discussions looking at options which meet the
all parties, and then work out the best tools to meet them.
Avri, Glen - we need to move rapidly on this group and have its first
next week w/c June 30 - perhaps July 2 at 1500 UTC with weekly calls or more
I suggest also a face to face of the small WG could be useful towards its
completion stage -
perhaps in ICANN Brussels (or an Amsterdam Airport hotel) weekend of 12-13 July
Sorry to be presumptuous on dates but the timetable is very tight.
I will be the BC representative.
Who are the other members?