Re: [council] Call logistics for ICANN's FY09 Operating Plan and Budget]

Ohh Chuck, Friday 13 will be too late, the call is 12 June, you mean Friday 6 June.

Excellent questions!

Glen
Gomes, Chuck a écrit :
In preparation for this call, I took a stab at starting a list of questions we
could provide to Doug and Kevin in advance and ask in the session.  Please
review and edit my questions (including deleting any) and add any new questions
you have.  It seems to me that we should provide the questions to them NLT
Friday the 13th.  I attached the questions as a Word file and pasted them below
as well.

Chuck

Proposed questions for GNSO Session re. ICANN Operating Plan & Budget

General Questions
1.      How much is budgeted specifically for travel support of the GNSO and
how is it anticipated that any such funds, if approved, would be allocated?

Key Initiative # 1- Complete New gTLD Policy Implementation (p. 9)
2.      Is it correct to assume that some of the upfront costs associated with
the planning and implementation of new gTLDs will be covered by the FY08
budget?  If so, is it planned to recoup any of these costs in the initial
application fees or in dispute resolution fees?  What criteria will be used to
determine which costs will be included in application and dispute resolution
fees?

Revenue (pp. 14-17)
3.      With the increasing importance of IPv4 and IPv6 issues, does ICANN
expect the costs associated with supporting the ASO to increase significantly
in FY09 and beyond?  If so, what is being done to ensure that those increases
are covered from a revenue point of view?
4.      It seems clear that costs associated with supporting the ccNSO
community regarding the introduction of IDN TLDs are going to accelerate in
FY09 and beyond.  What is being done to ensure that those increases are covered
from a revenue point of view?

Budget FY09 - Revenue by Source (p. 28)
5. The percentage of total revenue contributed by the RIRs and ccTLDs appears to be shrinking from approximately 6% in FY08 to about 5% in FY09. Not surprisingly, the percentage of total revenue contributed by GNSO registrants via registrars and registries is growing from approximately 91% in FY08 to about 93% in FY09. The trend seems to be going in the direction of more subsidization of the ASO and ccNSO by the GNSO at the same time that there appears to be increasing demand for resources associated with there responsibilities. Are these trends expected to continue? Are there any concrete reasons to believe that this will change in the near future? If so, please provide details.