RE: [council] WHOIS study group report attached

  • To: "Liz Gasster" <liz.gasster@xxxxxxxxx>, <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] WHOIS study group report attached
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 08:07:06 -0400
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Liz.

Chuck

________________________________

        From: Liz Gasster [mailto:liz.gasster@xxxxxxxxx]
        Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 7:51 AM
        To: Gomes, Chuck; council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

        Chuck and all,

        I understand your point about "self-contained" reports and will keep
that in mind in the future. I worry about the bulkiness of these documents as
well as ease of reference but your point is well-taken, especially with a
report of this nature.  Here is the reference guide in Word format that you can
refer back to.  If this is still awkward, let me know and I'll come up with an
easier format.  There are multiple studies under consideration for each of 7
categories.  In the final report we also included an 8th category which lists a
few studies that the GAC recommended that had not previously been raised by
others.  The numbers in the "tally" annex do relate to the 7 original
categories.

        Everyone was asked to rank the study categories in priority order.  The
RyC offered a more nuanced position and the tally attempts to reflect the high
points of that position.  I probably should also have included their statement
in full, it is attached here for the group's reference.

        Thanks so much for the input and I am happy to answer any other
questions.

        Liz