Re: [council] "Improvements" Planning Efforts
- To: "Avri Doria" <avri@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [council] "Improvements" Planning Efforts
- From: "Olga Cavalli" <olgac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 16:24:24 -0300
- Cc: "Council GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references:x-google-sender-auth; bh=lJW3b5j6vdjhQ8CSKUFg04KiqVpFxsQEGBJjJACF7bQ=; b=qIKo6mlNvR+stg1lhPLRmmWhFry2N5+S5uPJE4wOtnxuCj/yMkSnNYHCisKsqDFvIus4Y9CCZ2ujamFUYLCcr54HUC+EGiqQMekcDeLK2Ak5QJo2ND4yHrzwlAejbXtnKPR5n4Dgcv0sDD/swYRXSKOIZPl2289J3n/DxGvJvFQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=Hg83AkJeZcEEDQQ2D8NTGjodMRVVtdYEOvhP83vbDEx/akmlaT74r3c+jssVRZkOx9u2ykzciz9aifEoia9gJX8a56ZuvC/ymcaTtemTy2A+moPQ1G03gIZtkDRvRMsGmBh3XvlRmbxtYlhAewEgh/79TS3/Ovee0CDc6UeQPBw=
- In-reply-to: <6F962650-0132-4C60-96D7-732D577075F4@acm.org>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <6F962650-0132-4C60-96D7-732D577075F4@acm.org>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am interested in participating in the group, if it is possible,
considering size of the group and that I am a noncomm appointee.
2008/3/18, Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>:
> Attached a copy of a message that is being sent to the Board concerning
> work that is beginning on the GSNO Improvements. As you will note we
> have started a planning group together with the staff. This group
> is going
> to be doing the high level planning of how we will organize the main
> of the GNSO Improvements Project, and will not be responsible for any
> substantive decisions or recommendations about the improvements
> Currently Chuck and I as well as several members of the ICANN Policy
> including Denise, Liz and Rob, are members of this group. This is
> just the
> core of this group. We have invited the Board BGC GNSO Review Working
> Group to add a member to this group and need to add more GNSO members.
> We want to satisfy three goals simultaneously in adding members to the
> - insure that a diverse set of perspectives is included in the
> planning group
> - include some participants with relevant organizational experience
> - keep the group small.
> In the GNSO Improvements Project we will not need to restrict ourselves
> to council members, but for this planning committee, I would suggest
> we do choose from among council members and constituency members.
> I also think that adding a person from each constituency might be
> and hope that we can limit participation to a few people who can be
> in this planning task by several constituencies. As you can read in
> the note
> below, we are planing to organize several other Standing Committees and
> other work teams and there will be a large number of opportunities for
> participation by council members, constituency members, and others in
> ICANN community in the groups making the actual recommendations.
> I would like to initiate conversations on the list on the designation
> of 2-3 other
> members of this group. I would like to resolve this as soon as
> possible, with
> resolution during our upcoming meeting at the latest if not before.