[council] Next steps on Domain Name Tasting PDP

  • To: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Next steps on Domain Name Tasting PDP
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 10:19:12 +0530
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

At yesterdays meeting we discussed the next steps for the DNT PDP.

As thad been some confusion about the steps that could be suggested by a Drafting Team. While I believe that the DT was within its rights to propose a motion as opposed to WG charter as some of us had expected, not everyone understood that this was a possible outcome.

I would also like to make a note about how I see Drafting Teams. I think they are small ad-hoc groups formed by council members, though other constituency members may be included, who work together to make a proposal that they hope will be able to garner consensus support. In this respect, it is important for those who have a strong concern about the proposal to volunteer for these Drafting Teams. The proposal they put on the table, however, is just that - a proposal that then needs to be discussed and then accepted, modified or rejected by the council at large.

At this point, another meeting of the DT has been scheduled for Monday 25 Feb. At this point I understand that Alan plans to offer a re- wording of the current motion. I believe the option on the table at this point remain the same as at yesterdays meeting.

- The council votes on the revised motion (without bracketed text) at either the 27 March meeting. - The council asks constituencies to update impact statements based on the motion and vote at the 17 March meeting - The DT proposes a charter for a WG and the council votes on the creating the proposed WG.

thanks

a.