RE: [council] #9 of Response to ccNSO/GAC Issues report

Hi Tim,

I am also concerned with the spawning of IDN ccTLDs, but I think it is prudent
also to look at a reasonable approach for the cc side as well.

I have already added in the part "AND governmental policy makes selecting a
single string inappropriate", which I think provides adequate safe guard
against the volume of TLDs.

Also, this update actually does not change the general concept in the body of
the document that already says: "These should be limited to one IDN ccTLD per
ISO 3166-1country or territory, except in those cases where governmental
policy makes selecting a single script impossible."

Perhaps a slight tweak to make it a different sentence maybe better?:

9. There should be only one IDN ccTLD string per ISO 3166-1 entry per relevant
script.  Measures must be taken to limit confusion and collisions due to
variants.  Where one script is used for multiple languages and governmental
policy makes selecting a single string in appropriate, one IDN ccTLD string
per ISO 3166-1 entry per language may be considered.

Edmon