Von: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Im
Auftrag von Mike Rodenbaugh
Gesendet: Montag, 11. Februar 2008 13:41
An: 'Robin Gross'; 'Council GNSO'
Betreff: RE: [council] Response to ccNSO/GAC Issues report

I would be fine with concept of an IDN ccTLD for any string that is a
'meaningful representation of a country name.'  I understand there is work
to define that and to provide a challenge procedure, but think that should
not be very difficult.  The toughest part I envision is to ensure that words
that are languages can be gTLDs, i.e. .hebrew or ..korean in those scripts;
even though .israel or .korea in those scripts would be proper ccTLDs.  If
ccNSO and GAC commit that they will not request any additional strings
beyond representations of country names, then we should not stand in the way
of those.

In answer to Robin's question whether any/every country should get an IDN
ccTLD in Chinese, I think that would be fine, just as they all have one in
ASCII.

Thanks,

Mike